1. Find your perfect pumpkin and draw the design you want to carve you’ll easily pick up one up at your local supermarket.
Make sure it’s a good shape and is the right size for the spooky effect you want to create! Carefully trace the design of the face you want to carve out on the front of the pumpkin.
2. Cut off the top and scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin
This part is easy, not to mention messy!
Once you’ve cut off the top, use a sharp edged scoop to clear out all the flesh leaving you with a clean, hollowed out pumpkin ready for carving.
3. Using a sharp knife, carve out the design you drew
Here’s where you really need to concentrate. Following your design, use a sharp knife to slowly carve out the scary face you’ve drawn.
Don’t worry if you don’t get it exactly right – if you’re lucky, that’ll just make it even more frightening!
4. Don’t discard the cutout – it can be used to create fangs!
While you could leave your pumpkin’s scary face as it is, it seems a shame to waste the perfectly good chunks that you’ve just carved out.
Why not use them to carve out fangs and use cocktails sticks to attach them to the mouth of your pumpkin? Trust us, it’ll look class!
5. Add a candle and place it at your front door
Once you have all that done, all that’s left to do is add a candle – or three, depending on how big it is – and putting it on your front doorstep to scare the neighbours.
Take a look at the video below for more tips and tricks to creating the perfect Jack-O-Lantern. Happy Halloween!